Monday, December 7, 2009

From Beverage to Bath Spa, a time of relaxation!



When I have time to myself at home where I can relax I usually grab a nice beverage, warm blanket and a book, journal or movie. This weekend I started thinking of an old pastime that has been but a distant memory, a relaxing bath. Oh, how I remember, the flickering of candles dancing silhouettes to the soft sounds of jazz while exotic scents infused in hot water embraced and relieved all my stress. The very thought just makes my heart flutter. See, I have been stealing extra seconds in the shower here and there (you know you have to be quick before the kids and husband come knocking..lol). But I declare, NO MORE!, I have to recreate this spa experience again. Who's with me? I'm going to share how you can make a nice spa bath with some common beverages that will save money, have you relaxed and your skin looking gorgeous.

Fill your tub with hot water (not too hot) because you don't want to scold yourself and some beverages will not smell good if the water is too hot.
add:
Milk - 2-4cups (gently cleanses, exfoliates, softens & moisturizes)
* you may have to wash your tub after milk bath due to the fat sometimes the tub feels a little oily
Green tea - steep 5-6 bags and add it to your bath ( full of powerful antioxidants & vitamins, soothes, nourishes, & rejuvenates cells)
* you can put the tea bags in very hot water in the tub for 10-20mins
Red Wine - 1 cup ( rich in antioxidants,hydrates, moisturizes & protects)

You can add honey, olive oil and/or some fragrant flowers (lavender or roses) to really punch up the spa experience!

* soak yourself up to 20 minutes, rinse skin off with a quick cool shower to close up those pores, then pat dry.

(photo courtesy of picapp)







4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails