Tuesday, August 13, 2013

100 Scoopsies: A Blog for Ice Cream Lovers Everywhere


photo credit: 100Scoopsies.blogspot.com

Sometimes you can come across really amazing blogs when you least expect it. A few months ago, the most inviting ice cream pictures kept streaming through in my Facebook feed. Being a true lover of this frozen treat compelled me to do a little "research".  Two clicks later, I found 100 Scoopsies , a blog which follows the journey of two super adorable friends, Sarah Hayes and Cloe Jankowitz as they churn out 100 flavors of ice cream in one year. Can you imagine creating one hundred ice cream flavors in 365 days?  Me either, but I CAN imagine tasting them. Makes you wonder who gets to eat all of it, right? Get this! After every 20 flavors, the ladies have an ice cream social featuring their best flavors of the quarter. So then the question becomes, Where does one sign up for this delightful event?

These ladies both share a dream of one day having their own brand of ice cream and it looks like they are well on their way to attaining that dream.  Sarah and Cloe have come up with some unique and creative flavors like:
Coconut Curry Ice Cream
Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream
Blueberry Basil Ice Cream

Some of their creations have made me recall the fact that I have an ice cream maker tucked away somewhere.  I may one day actually pull it out to try one of their yummy recipes. I said "I may" which means this most likely won't happen in real life. What I will do in the meantime is continue to follow 100 Scoopsies. I wish Sarah and Chloe all the best and many blessings over this journey to having their own ice cream brand. You can do it! Uhm, yeah and about the social sign up? 


IF I were to attempt one of the Scoopsies recipes, I think Banana Chai would be one I would churn out. How about you? What Scoopsies flavor would you like to taste and/or make? 




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails