It's here! The official meat slinging showdown is upon us. Boston Magazine's Battle of the Burger will be Boston Strong on August 13th, 2013. Come out and taste Boston's Top 20 restaurant's burgers and meet the Chef's behind these amazing creations. Amstel Light, the only light beer with a rich flavor profile that can stand up to the most unique burger creations will be on hand to make sure every burger bite goes down smooth. Sounds good right?! It doesn't stop there. There will be live entertainment for dancing. Here is where I slip in a blatant hint : Dude! you can totally bring a date. Beer, Burgers and dancing by the water! Date is happy + you're happy = Possible 2nd date? You get me? Ok, back to house business. If you're wondering "Will they only be serving burgers?" No,custom side dishes and desserts will be on hand for your complete dining pleasure. So, yeah that about covers it. Now hurry over to the Boston Magazine site and buy your tickets! I'll see you on Tuesday!! AND Remember, this is supposed to be a wicked good time so let me remind you of one very important thing: NO DRINKING AND DRIVING. If you plan to partake in the overflowing of the Amstel frothy goodness then have a designated driver and/or plan to take a cab home. Your safety is important to us. K! Thanks!
WHEN: TUESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2013
TIME: 6 - 10 p.m.
WHERE: Black Falcon Cruise Terminal (1 Black Falcon Avenue, South Boston)
Rain date: August 14th 6-10pm
1.5 Napkin Burger ~5 Napkin Burger by Andy D’Amico: Ground beef topped with gruyere cheese, caramelized onions and rosemary aioli
2. Beantown Pub ~Beantown Burger by Willie Z: In house freshly ground blend of sirloin, filet and bacon topped with our unique specialties
3. The Blue Ox ~ Sin Burger by Matt O’Neil: USDA prime beef burger, applewood smoked bacon, truffle aioli, tomato, lettuce, brioche bun
4. BOND ~ The Whole-Y Cow by Mark Sapienza and Nick Gurski: Northeast Family Farms beef blend of locally raised ground brisket, short rib and chuck, grilled and served on a housemade salted pretzel roll, served with Amstel Wheat braised Vidalia onion, Thistle Hill Tarentaise cheese and housemade mustard
5. Boston Burger Company ~ The Vermonster by Paul Malvone: Maple mayo, sharp cheddar cheese, caramelized granny smith apples, red onions, maple syrup and bacon
6. Brew City ~ Love Muffin: All natural Angus burger with slow roasted pork, candied bacon, smoked peach jam and cream cheese aioli on an English muffin
7. Cafeteria Boston ~ The Lamb Burger by Antonio Perez: Ground lamb, tzatziki, kalamata olives, tomatoes, lettuce, onions and feta
8. Ceia Kitchen + Bar ~ Ceia Signature Kobe Burger by Patrick Soucy: Manchego, serrano, heirloom tomato,paprika aioli and fresh made Farmer’s Reserve ketchup
9. El Centro ~ La Poblana by Allan Rodriguez: Imported Mexican ground beef on the grill topped with a fire-roasted Poblano pepper stuffed with a Oaxaca cheese, then topped with grilled onions,bacon, lettuce, tomato, fresh avocado and Chile Poblano mayonnaise with pickled carrots, onions and jalapenos, served on Mexican felera bread
10. The Fireplace ~ The Fireplace Burger by Jim Solomon: Shelburne Farms (VT) Cheddar stuffed grass-fed burger with thick cut bacon, caramelized onion, lettuce, tomato and house brined dill pickle on a homemade English muffin
11. Forum ~ Forum Burger by Matthew Barros: Brandt Family Farms all natural grass fed beef, crispy house cured pancetta, smoked gouda, spicy pineapple relish, fried egg, served on a brioche bun12. Foundry on Elm ~ Foundry Chef’s Burger by Derek Clough: 100% Maine grass fed beef, spicy house bbq,sweet bacon jam, great hill blue cheese, shaved dill pickles and pickled red onions on Iggy’s brioche bun
13. Joe’s American Bar & Grill ~ All American BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burger by David Forbes: Fresh ground chuck, bbq basted, crispy pork belly, two year aged Vermont cheddar and maple Cajun bacon jam served on a griddled poppy bun served with house cured pickles
14. Salvatore’s ~ The Wicked Stuffed by Chuck Barbato: Black Angus stuffed with fresh mozzarella and raisin, topped with charred sweet onion, grilled smoked pancetta and sriracha mayo
15. Shake Shack ~ ShackBurger by Mark Rosati: Cheeseburger topped with lettuce, tomato and Shacksauce
16. Smith & Wollensky ~ Cajun Gorgonzola Burger by Matt King: Prime beef, Cajun seasoning, melted gorgonzola, arugula and red onion marmalade
17. Tasty Burger ~ Slap Yo Mamma! by Brian Reyelt: Our signature patty topped with cheese, fried pickles,jalapenos and BBQ sauce
18. Tommy Doyle’s ~ The Corky Pig Burger by Andrew McLendon: Named after Porky Pig and County Cork,Ireland, 8 oz. Angus beef topped with an Irish bacon rasher, American bacon, jalapenos, fried onion petals, bleu cheese crumbles, bleu cheese dressing and bacon jam (traditional southern jam made with bacon instead of fruit)
19. Trade ~ TRADE Burger by Andrew Hebert: All natural ground beef with pancetta, Vermont cheddar, grilled onions, homemade pickles, lettuce, and tomato on Iggy’s brioche bun
20. Wahlburgers ~ OFD (Originally from Dorchester) Burger by Paul Wahlberg: 8 oz. patty with bacon, Swiss cheese, sautéed mushrooms and homemade tomato jam on a potato roll
This list is INSANE! Right?! I read the first ten and got full. Geesh! Which Burger would you try?
Found a burger you'd like to try but can't make it to the event? That's ok, click the highlighted name and go straight to the restaurants site for more information. Lets really show #BostonStrong and support our local businesses.
Follow #BurgerBattle on Twitter to stay up to date on the event.