My mom and I were out and about on a shopping trip when we walked up upon The Cookie Monstah, a mobile cookie truck. In one quick whiff of fresh baked cookies, Mom and I stood asking "should we get a cookie NOW or should we shop first?" You're probably thinking "Why couldn't they do both?" Well, some things in life require your full attention and should not be done at the same time; Shopping AND eating good cookies fall into that category. We decided to look over the cookie menu (from afar) and come back after we shopped. I think we set a record, we were done in a short time and right back to the truck. Oh decisions, decisions! What should I get? All of the cookies were lined up so pretty as if in a museum case. The minute you relished one smell, an imaginary fragrant finger would grab you by the nostrils and lead you to another. Oh shoots! I'm really having a dilemma. I know I want the cookie n' ice cream option but what combination should I go with? At this point I'm a happy but lost 5yr old. My Mom, not so much. She steps up, gestures for me to move over and says "While she's still deciding I'll take..." She rattles off about 3 or 4 cookies. What?! Really Mom!! She then looks at me and smiles "I don't know which ONE I want so I will try the ones that sound good to me." Myself and the very nice gentleman running the truck let out a laugh. He and I agreed, "She is a woman who knows what she wants and gets it."
I finally chose the Cashew Turtle Ice Cream with the Signature Chocolate Chunk Cookie
our my moment of indecision, we spoke with the gentleman about the truck. Sir, was this your brilliant idea? No, his sister Missy Gale is the owner and baker of these delicious homemade cookies. This mother of four believes so much in the comfort of the chocolate cookie that she crafted up a plan to share her best cookie recipes with her friends, family and US!. Why thank YOU Missy Gale. Boston appreciates the fact that we can now get cookie wasted (cold milk included). If you need a cookie fix, the mobile cookie truck can be found in and around the Boston area, at special events in the Massachusetts, or get this, AT YOUR PRIVATE EVENT. Yes, you can rent the truck! And if that's not in your budget, no worries, you can have a warm order of cookies delivered to you for less than $10 depending upon your Boston location.(click delivery Rate Card) So in the words Ms. Cookie Monstah herself, "Please come say hi, try a cookie or an ice cream sandwich, she looks forward to meeting you."
I can't remember what this ice cream sandwich was called but it was delightful. We giggled all the way to the car while eating this Monstah.
Just to give you an idea of the type of cookie magic Missy Gale is baking up at several Boston locations (click to "Find the Truck") check out the ice cream sandwich list below:
Ice Cream Sandwiches
- The Classic: chocolate chunk cookie with vanilla ice cream.
- The Tahitian: oatmeal coconut cookies with coconut ice cream.
- The Shortcake: sugared sugar cookies with strawberry ice cream.
- The Salty Dog: salted caramel cookies with totally turtle ice cream.
- The Mudslide: double chocolate cookies with coffee Oreo ice cream.
- The Green Monstah: chocolate chunk cookies with green monster ice cream(mint Oreo).
- The Peanut Squared: creamy peanut butter cookies with peanut butter ice cream.
- The Nor’easter: red velvet cookies with white chocolate chunks and chocolate ice cream.
- The Cinnabomb: oatmeal cinnamon raisin cookies with rum raisin ice cream.
- The Choco Rainbow: M &M cookies with chocolate ice cream.
- The Limonada: lemon poppy cookies with purple cow frozen yogurt.
- PB &J: peanut butter cookies with strawberry ice cream.
The list is serious, right? Ok, who wants to meet up and get cookie wasted?
Follow The Cookie Monstah on Facebook
Follow The Cookie Monstah on Facebook